We are Honest.
We are True.
Asante Financial Services Group is a high impact digital financial services company primarily focused on Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (MSMEs) and consumers in Sub-Saharan Africa. Incorporated in March 2016 in Mauritius, initially as a subsidiary of Atlas Mara LLC, Asante Financial Services Group has grown exponentially operating in Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania, with active plans to expand into Nigeria and Uganda by the end of 2020.
Through our services, we aspire to become Africa’s leading digital financial services provider by facilitating financial independence, tapping into the best talent in the market, and harnessing the power of technology to deliver world class lending services to our valued customers. Everything we say, and everything we do, is anchored on the values of Trust, Reliability, Innovation and Simplicity. At Asante Financial Services Group, you will find a Responsive and Passionate team! It’s part of our DNA!
We Help You Realise Your Potential
Meet the team
Asante Financial Services Group is made up of a team of qualified finance and business professionals with an accumulation of over 50 years of combined experience in the Fintech, Business and Customer Service industries.
Chief Executive Officer
Meet Chidi, the Captain of the ship. He is one of the most respected retail financial services experts in Africa with a rare combination of Strategy Consulting, Telco, Banking and FinTech industry experience across 25 countries in Africa, acquired over the last 26 years.
Highlights of his experience include:
- Group MD Digital and FinTech at Atlas Mara where he drove the Innovation, Digital Financial Services and Financial Inclusion agenda across Sub Sahara Africa.
- Founder/CEO for Airtel Money Africa at Bharti Airtel International, with responsibility for Mobile Money businesses across 17 countries in Africa.
- Division CEO for Retail Banking at United Bank for Africa Plc, overseeing Personal and Business Banking in 19 countries.
- Senior Consultant in the Strategy and Business Architecture at Accenture.
- Chidi holds a BSc Finance and an MBA from the University of Nigeria, as well as a Sloan MSc in Management and Leadership from the London Business School as a Chevening Scholar.
Chief Financial Officer
- Now meet Catherine, who brings with her decades of experience, having worked as Chief Financial Officer for Alternative Circle Limited, an alternative data powered digital lender, where she set up the finance department of the firm and the related financial planning and reporting processes. She also worked as the Financial Accountant for Branch International Limited.
- She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Kemu University, and is a respected Member of The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and of the Association of Women Accountants of Kenya (AWAK).
Chief Operating Officer
- A seasoned telecommunications engineering expert, George brings a wealth of experience having worked as Telecommunication Engineer at Airtel Africa, focusing on fraud management, and on Risk management and Compliance with Safaricom Ltd.
- He is a Member of the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK), the Project Management Institute (PMI), the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
- He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Nairobi.
Chief Information Officer
- James is a seasoned Technology and Business professional with over 15 years’ experience across different industries and markets globally (Africa, Australia, UK, USA, Malaysia).
- He has held senior positions as a Group CIO and Senior Program Manager with leading blue-chip companies including Jubilee Insurance East Africa, ABC Bank Kenya, World Vision International, Unilever Plc, Vivo Energy (Shell Licensee in Africa) and Telstra Australia.
- He is an active player in Kenya’s Fintech space, both as a consulting Fintech expert and a mentor.
- James holds an MBA from Deakin University Australia and array of international ICT certifications.
Chief Customer Services Officer
- Joy leads the business-critical docket of Customer Service Management, having acquired extensive experience as Head of Customer Service at Alternative Circle Ltd and Head of Recovery and Securitisation at Samchi Credit Limited.
- She is highly skilled in Risk Management, Process Structuring, Product Development, Customer Relations, Negotiation and Business Administration.
- Joy holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a Microfinance major and an MBA from Strathmore University.
Chief Risk Officer
- Michael is a notable cyber security and Risk Management expert.
- He brings extensive experience in this very critical and sensitive area of cyber security and risk management, having worked as Head of Enterprise Risk Management/CISO at Sidian Bank, IT security manager at KCB, and as Risk Consultant and cyber security expert at KPMG East Africa.
- Michael is a Member of Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from Jomo Kenyatta University and the CISA, CISM, ITIL, and ISO27001 certifications.